Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Nothing like home cookin'

I haven't posted in a while, so I thought that I would post on something I made last night. Mel was at work so I decided to make dinner. It was a chicken breast that I made a cut down the side. Inside I put some fresh sage and rosemary clarified butter that I had made earlier and let harden. I then seasoned the chicken with salt and pepper and wrapped it in prosciutto di parma. I then roasted it in the oven at 425 degrees F for about 30 min. I also made a caramelized onion puree on which the chicken was set on. I caramelized a medium onion and added three large cloves of garlic, roughly sliced, toward the end to caramelize as well. I then put it into the food processor with salt, pepper, chicken stock, and crushed red pepper and created a nice puree. While the chicken was cooking I pan roasted some grape tomatoes with salt and basil. Finally I fried some fresh sage to put on top and finished with a little bit of parmesan and green onion.

It turned out really well if I do say so my self. The chicken was moist and very flavorful, with a nice sage and rosemary flavor throughout the chicken without overpowering. The prosciutto added a nice crispy texture and the flavor married well with the chicken. The puree had a nice sweet, caramelized flavor from the onion and garlic, with a slight heat from the red pepper and earthiness from the chicken stock. The tomatoes were sweet and added a nice acidity to the dish that helped cut through some of the richness of the chicken and puree and lifted the dish. Mel said she loved it, after she inhaled it. I think I am going to have to do this one again.

No comments:

Post a Comment