Friday, May 24, 2013

Anniversary Weekend

Last weekend Mel and I went up to Montague/Whitehall for a night for our first anniversary. We thought it would be fun to post about the couple places we ate at

The first place we ate at was Dog-n-Suds drive in. I had heard about Dog-n-Suds from my dad for a long time and have had their bottled root beer as well. So it was personally a big treat for me to finally eat at one.



 
It was fun to eat in the car at a drive in like that. Also, the food was pretty good. I got the BBQ pulled pork sandwich. It was pretty good, especially for a fast food place. The bbq sauce was tangy and sweet. It wasnt the best I have had but it was good. The fries and coleslaw were also good. Mel got the double bacon cheeseburger. It was outstanding. It was a little on the greasy side, but hey, it's supposed to be. It puts anything put out by McD's or Burger King to shame. Highly recommend it if you ever get to one. To top it off we both got floats to drink, which was perfect since it was in the upper 80's outside and we had been walking around.


The next day we ate at a little sandwich place called Pekadills. It has sandwiches and ice cream... yum. I got the Peka Deli sandwich. It had ham, turkey, roast beef, jack cheese, lettuce, tomato, and mayo. The star was the cheese which really added something overall to the sandwich. The bread was good as well. Mel ordered the chicken salad croissant. It was good as well, with the croissant buttery and flaky and the chicken salad dead on. We sat back in a little garden area behind the store which was absolutely beautiful. We then finished with some ice cream, Mackinac Island Fudge for Mel, and Twisted Tennessee Toffee for me. I also recommend this place if you are ever up in that area.

The weekend was fun, being able to get away for a night and hang out and eat some surprisingly good food. It's been a great first year and I know there are many more to come.

1 comment:

  1. I had so much fun with you babe! And the food was fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete