Thursday, April 24, 2014

Jason's Deli and Zaxby's

(Pictures to come soon)
This time I will be doing a short write up on two chains, Jason's Deli and Zaxby's as I try to get these done. My backlog is growing as I continue to work three jobs... not enough time in a day!

Jason's Deli is a soup and sandwich chain with a ton of restaurants across the country. We stopped by because Brent said they had a good muffeletta sandwich. And he was right. It was pretty good. Now is it going to be as good as the ones you can order in the Big Easy? Well, of course the answer is no. Those are magical concoctions. But it is good, and is huge. A half sandwich is the size of a normal sandwich at most other places. It is loaded with olives and ham. It was good and better than I expected. The price for what we got was good too. The gumbo was decent too. It had a little kick to it, but overall had good flavor. Definitely better than any I have had up here. I definitely recommend it for a place to grab a quick bite. Also, free ice cream!


Zaxby's can be though of as a little more upscaled Chick-Fil-A. Chicken is their thing, and they do their thing well. Mel and I both got grilled chicken on our sandwich, so I don't know how Zaxby's fried chicken sandwiches compare with Chick-Fil-A's classic fried chicken sandwich. But I have to say ours were tasty and the size of the chicken breast was large. I ordered a cajun spiced sandwich and it had a little bit of a kick, but was balanced over all. I liked going there as a change from Chick-Fil-A. I don't know if I would say one is better than the other, but they both have their places next to each other.

Whew, two more down, only two to go from Mobile. Then I can get back to the local backlog.

No comments:

Post a Comment