Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Electric Cheetah Again

Some how this didn't get published and has been sitting in draft. I don't know how I didn't realize this before. So from the end of March:
Mel and I decided to head to Electric Cheetah again for dinner not too long ago. I really like this place for its sandwiches and the root beer line up. This will be short as I have already talked about this place a little more in depth earlier on the site.

(Pics to come soon)

 I wish I could remember the name of my sandwich. It was part of the revolving and ever changing sandwiches on the menu. It would be fair to say that it was about as German a sandwich as you could get. Inside was a bratwurst that was cut in half and each side seared on the grill. It was a very good brat that would have been happy in a different style but, but I am happy it came on mine. It was dressed up with some cheese, spicy brown German style mustard, crispy fried onion, and served on a pretzel bun. I wish they still had it on the menu because it was one of the best sandwiches I have had in while. Very creative, very delicious, and very German.

Mel ordered the Electric Cheetah Mac and Cheese. It has a seven cheese blend, with a touch of Dijon mustard and paprika. It is topped with crispy bacon, bread crumbs, and green onion. It was very creamy, but the bacon, in addition to a little saltiness, provided a nice textural contrast, as did the bread crumbs. The little bit of mustard and paprika made the sauce pop and the actual noodles were cooked well. They weren't cooked to much, bur retained some firmness. It was a good bowl of mac and cheese.

I still highly recommend them for their sandwiches and root beer. Their mac and cheese is pretty good too.



No comments:

Post a Comment