Friday, April 19, 2013

Atomic Showdown

I survived
This evening Mel and I went to Quaker Steak and Lube for a bite to eat. They have this 2 for $22 deal going on where you get one appetizer, two entree's, and one dessert. If you haven't been to Quaker Steak and Lube it is a lot like Buffalo Wild Wings. If you haven't been to a Buffalo Wild Wings, then I don't know what to tell you. In both cases, both are known for their chicken wings and different sauces. We started with their chipotle bbq chicken quesadilla's. They were pretty good, especially paired with a little ranch. Next, I got a 6-pack of boneless wings with the Louisiana Lickers sauce. It had a little bit of heat, but nothing too bad. It also had a hot sauce and black pepper taste to it. It was pretty good. Mel had a boneless wing salad minus the blue cheese with their bbq wing sauce on the chicken. It was ok but nothing special. For dessert was this apple caramel nachos with apples in a caramel sauce, ice cream, and "chips" (more like a flatbread or pita) dusted in cinnamon sugar. It was really good. 
Chipotle BBQ Chicken Quesadilla

Louisiana Lickers Wings
Dessert Nachos
But for me, the most memorable part of the meal was doing the atomic wings challenge. It is their second hottest sauce at 150,000 scoville units, about the same as Thai birdseye chili's. I didn't think that it was as hot as the hottest sauce at Buffalo Wild Wings, blazin, but it was harder to eat because it was a lot thicker. The worst part of the challenge was the sauce was pretty thick. So it would get kind of stuck in the back of my throat. I also thought the taste of the blazin sauce was a little better than the atomic sauce. But over all it is just a stepping stone to the triple atomic challenge, their 500,000 scoville wing sauce. I had to eat the atomic before the triple atomic. One of these days I will complete the triple atomic challenge as well.
Atomic Wings


No comments:

Post a Comment